Loosely inspired by Danganronpa, Death Parade and Persona, and with some inspiration of some of
's concepts of death, I fleshened up some sort of universe and a family to inhabit it. I actually took some old original characters and gave them new stories and spins to fit here.
In some kindgom, there's a town that lives right next to what has been dubbed the Necrotic Woods, which is practically an unknown area where undead monsters roam: zombies, vampires, demons, skulls, you name it. Thus, the town is always under attack by said creatures. However, at one point, the Zombie Master convinces the king to group people that are very good at dealing with them and relocating said crew to that very town, since the Zombie Master expects to find something of great value and power at the Necrotic Woods. With his permisson, the Tomstone Guild is assembled. Meanwhile, his niece, the Spirit Expert, tries to take said opportunity to find out how her parents died, why his uncle is a zombie, and why her father came back from the death as a straw puppet.
Not named most of them, so I just refer to them as Masters (with the exception of the Vampire "Master", since he's more or less a phoney).
- Spirit Master: She's a teen that lost her parents in some event that her uncle won't talk about. So, she decided to learn about spirit summoning at an early age in order to ask them directly. To her surprise, his father can't be summoned, and due to her lack of skills, her mother's calling resulted in an awry accident, which only strengthened her will to learn more about the spiritual realm. While the death of her parents and the zombie form of his uncle are a mistery, she firmly believes that her dead mother knows the truth about it and resurrection itself. She likes shopping.
- Zombie Master: He's the biological uncle of the Spirit Master. As a doctor, a scientist and a zombie, he convinced the king to give him a team and relocate them next to the Necrotic Woods in order to continue his research about the undead. He hold a grudge against the Spirit Master's father, his brother-in-law, blaming him for the death of his sister. He believes that the secret of resurrection and eternal life can be found in said woods. He likes doing research.
- Demon Master: She's an expert hunter that knows how to find and deal with all sorts of demons. Even so, she respects them, and even dated one for about a year. She cares about the younger members of the Tombstone Guild as if they were her children. She also despises tatoos, since some marks tend to resemble demon summoning scribbles. She likes hunting.
- Homunculi Master: He's an exconvict who knows most that there is to know about artificial life. While it's implied that he's innocent of whatever crime sent him to jail, he doesn't bother to think about it. He's always in a good mood, despite his menacing appearance. He likes sculpting statues.
- Vampire "Master": He's actually outsourced, and doesn't like considering himself part of the Tombstone Family, since he prefers to be a loner. In reality, he sucks at finding and understanding vampires, and his preparation comes from gossips and baseless rumours about them. Even though he can't find them with ease, he's very proficient at dealing with them. He likes fame.
- Kudlak Master: He was a normal boy until his father became a vampire, trying to turn the kid into a vampire too. The boy resisted and absorbed the father's vampire essence, "cleansing" it and transforming it into a Kudlak instead. Using watered down vampiric powers, the Kudlak Master does a better job at finding vampires than the Vampire "Master" does. He likes grafitti.
- Exorcism Master: She was a sister of a religious group with very loose rules. Unbelievably, she's the biological daughter of the Homunculi Master, and visited him many times. She considered it to be a miracle when they were called to form part of the Tombstone Guild, since that allowed her father to leave prison. She likes redecorating.
- Klabautermann Master: He's a demon that was born in a ship, forging a soul bond with it. When the Tombstone Guild wrecked it by accident, the Homunculi Master bound the demon to their house. The Klabautermann Master has knowledge of the undead creatures that inhabit all sorts of water bodies, but knows nothing about other demons. He likes fishing.
- Banshee Master: In her past life, she used to be a popular singer in a certain bar, while having a rivalry with another barmaid for the heart of a man. The jealously of the later resulted in a prank with horrific results that killed the singer. Out of unnatural passion and rage, her soul remained in the land of the living in the form of an ageless banshee. Many years later, the Tombstone Guild calm her down and let her join them. She has nightmarish sharp teeth. She likes singing.
- Boneling Master: He's an exiled member of the Bone Empire, an underground race of skeletons that infuse skeletons with magic in order to exist and survive. He finds his way to the Tombstone Guild and ask them to find out who framed him for stealing the Bone Empire's Etheral Soup, an important source of their power. He likes parkour.
- Necromancer Master: Not a member of the Guild, since he and the Zombie Master hate each other. He's the biological father of the Spirit Master. Resurrected and put into a straw body, he learned on his own the secrets of actual resurrection, but doesn't use them on himself as penance for his supposed sins, as he can't remember why he nor her wife died. He doesn't share them either, to spite his brother-in-law, and to motivate his daughter to find out the truth on her own. He likes kittens.